About the course:
The students of this course should have already attended Marketing Management and Introduction to Business Analytics. Therefore we expect them to know basics of marketing and business analytics tools. In this course we will combine various concepts of marketing and business analytics in storytelling and problem solving. Real life marketing problems are often solved through a sequence of quantitative approaches. Identifying that sequence in the context of various marketing problems is important. This course will help the students in building the same.
We expect that the students of the course will be able to do the following at the end of the course:
• Identify a marketing problem as a sequence of small questions
• Identify the appropriate tools and datasets required to solve each small research question
• Properly apply the various available tools and choose the best one
• Create a marketing story out of the statistical and machine learning tools applied
• Solve a marketing analytics project end to end
The pedagogy will be based on the 30 hrs video of multiple modules. Students are expected to read the material provided, and actively take part in the discussion forums. We will have hands on training in the class.
INTENDED AUDIENCE : Management
PREREQUISITES : Marketing Management and Basic Knowledge of R Programing
INDUSTRY SUPPORT : All analytics companies