The course deals with the fundamentals and critical analysis of chemical processes one encounters in the field of Environmental Engineering. The course deals with:
- Application of equilibrium equations and material balance equations to calculate conditions in environmental systems at equilibrium using the concept of components.
- Use of chemical equilibrium programs such as VMINTEQ to calculate conditions in environmental systems at equilibrium
- Application of kinetic equations, stoichiometric relationships and material balances to calculate conditions in environmental systems in which reactions occur that are not at equilibrium.
- Application of fundamental aspects of thermodynamics to describe equilibrium conditions in environmental systems.
- Defining equilibrium and kinetic limitations as relating to environmental systems and the relative importance of each for chemical processes in environmental systems.
- Knowledge of important terminology for chemical processes occurring in environmental systems
INTENDED AUDIENCE : Environmental engineering professionals and students pursuing a degree with emphasis in Environmental engineering
PREREQUISITES : Entry level chemistry course
INDUSTRIES SUPPORT : CPCB, SPCB, Degremont, ERM, Ramky Enviro Engineers, Veolia Water, SFC Environmental Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Nalco Water, VA Tech Wabag, Ther