1. Introduction and Classification: Axial flow, radial flow and mixed flow machines, the equations of motion in rotating frame of reference, effects of Coriolis and Centrifugal forces, momentum and energy equation, Euler work, and illustrative examples.
2. Gas Turbine Cycle: Brayton Cycle, regenerative cycle, reheat, inter-cooling, turboprop, turbojet and turbofan engine, thrust augmentation, and illustrative examples. 
3. Similarity Analysis: Similarity rules, specific speed, Cordier diagram and illustrative examples.
4. Cascade Analysis: Two-dimensional cascade theory, lift and drag, blade efficiency, estimation of loss, compressor and turbine cascade, blade geometry, and illustrative examples.
5. Axial Flow Compressor: Two-dimensional pitch line design and analysis, h-s diagram, degree of reaction, the effect of Mach number, performance and efficiency, three-dimensional flow, tip clearance, losses, compressor performance, and illustrative examples. 
6. Centrifugal Pump and Compressor: Theoretical analysis and design, the effect of circulation and Coriolis forces, reversal eddies, slip factor, head and efficiency, diffuser, introduction to the combustion system, and illustrative examples.
7. Axial Flow Turbine: Two-dimensional pitch line design, stage loading capacity, degree of reaction, stage efficiency, turbine performance, blade cooling, and illustrative examples.
8. CFD Applied to Turbomachinery Flows: Governing equations, numerical methods, and test cases illustrating flow and heat transfer related to turbomachines.
Total Class: 36 (It equivalent to 12 weeks considering 3 classes per week)