About the course
In present time of intense global competition, customers are demanding more and more variety, with better quality and service at lowest cost. This means that in order to be successful, firms need to develop supply chain strategies and logistical capabilities that serve the needs of their customers whilst maximizing overall profitability. All supply chains, in order to function properly, must focus on the huge opportunity that exists in their analytics.
On successfully completing this course you will be able to:
• Understand the importance of the basics of Business Analytics and Optimization
• Understand the importance of the basics of Supply Chain Analytics and Optimization
• Analyze the level of uncertainty associated with the supply of products and services to targeted customer segments and justify the choice of a supply chain strategy and its fit with competitive strategy.
• Explain the role and applications of Descriptive Analytics in a Supply Chain
• Explain the role and applications of Predictive Analytics in a Supply Chain
• Explain the role and applications of Prescriptive Analytics in a Supply Chain
• Learn the basics of Modeling through R Language
It is an elective course for PG students and working professionals.
Basic knowledge of Operations management will be desirable.
Industries that will recognize this course
Supply Chain Analytics is a growing field. Some of the companies already in the business of Supply Chain Analytics and may recognize the online course can be IBM, Mu-Sigma, Genpact, Accenture, Capgemini, Wipro, Deloitte.