About the course
This course will help students to learn the fundamentals of services marketing from a practical point of view. The course focusses on the needs of the customers, who are to be kept satisfied and delighted for a business to prosper. The course will help students understand services marketing from various perspectives and will also be useful if participants wish to establish a new service business of manage an existing one.
Industries that will recognize
Any company has to manage its services. Hence, any company will recognize/value this online course
Biplab Datta is an Associate Professor (Marketing) at Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. He holds a Ph.D. degree from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India. His research interests include Marketing Management, Service Quality Management and Customer Relationship Management. He was awarded a Silver Medal in Architecture by IIT Kharagpur in 1992 and earned ISO 9000 Lead Auditor Certificate from NBA, U.K. He has published a book entitled “Services Marketing: A Practical Approach”. He has published several papers in national and international journals.
Week 1: Introduction, Why Study Services Marketing Management?, The Service System, Characteristics of Services, Understanding the Macro-Environment
Week 2: Understanding the Micro-Environment, Services Marketing Process, Services Marketing Research, Exploring Marketing Opportunities, New Service Development, Segmenting the Market, Targeting and Positioning, Understanding Consumer Behaviour, The Service Product, Service Quality, Designing the Service Process
Week 3: Developing Service Personnel, Educating Customers, Managing Service Delivery Channels, Managing Channel Conflict, Managing Demand and Capacity, Designing the Physical Evidence, Managing Integrated Marketing Communications, Pricing the Service, Managing Customers, Managing Service Recovery, Providing Service Guarantees, Consumer Protection
Week 4: Case Studies in Services Marketing-1, Case Studies in Services Marketing-2, Case Studies in Services Marketing-3, Case Studies in Services Marketing-4, Case Studies in Services Marketing-5
• The exam is optional for a fee. Exams will be on 26 March 2017.
• Time: Shift 1: 9am-12 noons; Shift 2: 2pm-5pm
• Any one shift can be chosen to write the exam for a course.
• Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
• The online registration form has
to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be paid. More details will
be made available when the exam registration form is published.
• Final score will be calculated as : 25% assignment score + 75% final exam score.
• 25% assignment score is calculated as 25% of average of 4 weeks course: Best 3 out of 4 assignments.
• E-Certificate will be given to those who register and write the exam and score greater than or equal to 40% final score. Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup. It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT KHARAGPUR. It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc