About the course
This course is designed to develop in the students an understanding of the concept of Business Ethics and its application in business decision making with emphasize on CSR and sustainable business practices in the age of Globalization.
Basic understanding of business management
Industries that will recognize this course
For sustainability of any kind of business, knowledge of Business Ethics helps in proper decision making for personal integrity and social responsibility. So this course is expected to have high industry support
Susmita Mukhopadhyay, Associate Professor, VGSOM (Ph.D., Calcutta University, Fellow ISI, Kolkata)Susmita Mukhopadhyay's areas of specialization include Human Resource Management and Industrial Psychology, Business Values and Ethics, and Organizational Behaviour. A gold medalist in M.Sc., she is the recipient of the Young Scientist Award and Search of Excellence Award. She was selected for the Microfinance Researchers Alliance Fellow Program Centre for microfinance, Institute of Financial Management and Research, Chennai, in 2009
Week 1: Business Ethics: An overview
Week 2: Framing Business Ethics- CSR, stakeholders and Citizenship
Week 3: Ethical theories
Week 4: Tools and Techniques of Business Ethics Management , Role of various agencies in ensuring ethics in corporation
Week 5: Contextualizing Business Ethics- Corporate Governance, Accounting and finance
Week 6: Employees and Business Ethics
Week 7: Consumers and Business Ethics
Week 8: Suppliers, Competitors and business ethics
Week 9: Civil Society and Business Ethics
Week 10: Government, Regulation and business ethics
Week 11: Environment and Business Ethics
Week 12: IT and Ethics
• The exam is optional for a fee. Exams will be on 23 April, 2017
• Time: Shift 1: 9am-12 noon; Shift 2: 2pm-5pm
• Any one shift can be chosen to write the exam for a course.
• Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
• The online registration form has to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be paid. More details will be made available when the exam registration form is published.
• Final score will be calculated as : 25% assignment score + 75% final exam score.
• 25% assignment score is calculated as 25% of average of 12 weeks course: Best 8 out of 12 assignments.
• E-Certificate will be given to those who register and write the exam and score greater than or equal to 40% final score. Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup. It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT KHARAGPUR. It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc.