About the course
Psychology as a subject interests many but what is popularly known are the common views that humans hold about their race. Over the century, the subject’s endevour to establish itself as a science through various experiments remains unknown to many.
The present course attempts to share the most important experiments in the history of Psychology that has helped shape its identity. It aims to aid students’ understanding of how to design experiments with human subjects and assist the student to understand Psychology with a scientific eye.
Industries that will recognize
Any company has to manage its services. Hence, any company will recognize/value this online course
Rajlakshmi Guha assistant professor in the Centre for Educational Technology, IIT Kharagpur.
Areas of interest: Perception, Attention, Memory processes, Physiological basis of emotion, student mental health
Week 1: History and genesis of Psychology as a Science
Week 2: Classic studies in Cognitive and Social Psychology
Week 3: Famous studies in Clinical and Health Psychology
Week 4: Experiments in Individual differences and cultural diversity
• The exam is optional for a fee. Exams will be on 23 April 2017.
• Time: Shift 1: 9am-12 noons; Shift 2: 2pm-5pm
• Any one shift can be chosen to write the exam for a course.
• Registration url: Announcements
will be made when the registration form is open for
• The online registration form has
to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be
paid. More details will be made available when the exam registration form is
• Final score will be calculated as : 25% assignment score + 75% final exam score.
• 25% assignment score is calculated as 25% of average of 4 weeks course: Best 3 out of 4 assignments.• E-Certificate will be given to those who register and write the exam and score greater than or equal to 40% final score. Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup. It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT KHARAGPUR. It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc