About the course
You get to learn about current technology in processing and analysis of medical images; a rapidly growing industry expected to reach $3.5 billion by 2020. If you are looking forward to a career in medical imaging instrument and softwares design, medical imaging, medical visualization, medical robotics and augmented reality, this is the key subject you should enroll for. You can use the gained skills in order to develop newer technological innovations and regularize them for high-throughput clinical translation and usage.
Digital Image Processing
Industries that will recognize this course
Industries in Medical Imaging, Medical Devices, Medical and Healthcare Softwares viz.GE, Siemens, Philips, Toshiba, Samsung, Microsoft, Google, Zeiss, Robert Bosch, TCS, CDAC, IBM, Boston Scientific, Volcano Corp., Aloka, Rohde & Schwarz.
Debdoot Sheet is an Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and founder of SkinCurate Research. He received the MS and PhD degrees in computational medical imaging and machine learning from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in 2010 and 2014 respectively. He was a DAAD visiting PhD scholar to TU Munich during 2011-12. His research interests include computational medical imaging, machine learning, visualization and augmented reality technology. He has widely published in journals including Medical Image Analysis (MedIA), and conferences like the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI). He is a member of IEEE, SPIE, ACM, IUPRAI and BMESI and serves as an Editor of IEEE Pulse.
Week 1: Introduction to medical imaging modalities and image analysis softwares.
Week 2: Feature extraction, segmentation, systematic evaluation and validation on datasets.
Week 3: Machine learning based approaches for segmentation and classification.
Week 4: Case studies on some recent advances in analysis of retinal, CT, MRI, ultrasound
and histology images.
• The exam is optional for a fee. Exams will be on 23 April 2017.
• Time: Shift 1: 9am-12 noon; Shift 2: 2pm-5pm
• Any one shift can be chosen to write the exam for a course.
• Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
• The online registration form has
to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be paid. More details will
be made available when the exam registration form is published.
• Final score will be calculated as : 25% assignment score + 75% final exam score.
• 25% assignment score is calculated as 25% of average of 4 weeks course: Best 3 out of 4 assignments.• E-Certificate will be given to those who register and write the exam and score greater than or equal to 40% final score. Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup. It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT KHARAGPUR. It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc.