About the course
last date to register for the certification exam to be held on Dec
14th 2014 is extended till Nov 30th 2014 5 PM. Please do register to
get certified from the IITs! Exam Register link for Introduction
Programming in C :-
for the Nov 30th 2014 certification exam is closed. Those of you, who
have registered to write the exam on Nov 30th 2014 will be able to
download your hall ticket from 24th November 2014, from the same
Registration is from 3rd Nov 2014 11 am (Monday) until 17 Nov 2014 6 AM.
- The Enrollment for the course is closed. The registration for the certification exam is open only to all the students who have already enrolled in "Introduction to Programming in C" online course and have been following the course from Sep 2014.
- The certification exam will test the student in topics covered in the course.
- There is currently no provision for students outside India, to appear for the exam.
1. Click on https://www.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/885/1761/login.html and login using your Google Account.
2. Click on Edit, fill in the details, upload scanned copy of your photo and signature, make the required payment and submit the form
3. Please make a note that post submission of the application form, you will only be able to view the details and will not be able to edit the submitted form.
Help Desk Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Desk Toll Free Number: 18001037682 Course name: Introduction to Programming in C
Dates of exam: 30 November 2014 (or) 14 December 2014
(choose any one date)
Exam Session time: 10am - 1pm
Examination centres: The exam is to be conducted in 100 cities across India whose list is available on the registration form.
Registration fees: Rs 1250/-
Mode of payment: Only online payment - debit card/credit card/net banking
The hall ticket will be available for download from 24 November 12 noon onwards.
The eligibility criteria for obtaining the certificate is the following:
A = average (out of 100) of the 3 highest weekly online assignment scores
B = score (out of 100) from proctored exam
Combined score = 0.5*A + 0.5*B
Only those whose combined score is above 60% will get a certificate.
The certificate will carry the combined score and also a link to the NPTEL website, where on logging in, your week-wise assignment scores and your score in the proctored certification exam will be displayed.
So, those of you who qualify will need to regularly submit assignments to get a good combined score.
We expect the certification exam to be fairly competitive given the large number of good students in this course.
This is a course in programming in C. No prior programming experience is assumed; however, mathematical maturity at the level of a second year science or engineering undergraduate is assumed.
We emphasize solving problems using the language, and introduce standard programming techniques like alternation, iteration and recursion. We will briefly glimpse the basics of software engineering practices like modularization, commenting, and naming conventions which help in collaborating and programming in teams.
Given a problem, we pay attention to the following
It is expected that by the end of the course, students will be comfortable in :-
- What is an algorithmic solution to the problem?
- How do we translate the algorithm into C code?
- How efficient is the code?
- How maintainable is the code?
- Attempting algorithmic solutions to problems
- Designing and coding moderate sized programs
running to the order of a few hundred lines of code, and
- Reading, understanding and modifying code
written by others.